Why is SSL required?
- Your website accepts and transmits sensitive information, such as addresses and credit card numbers, and you are required need to keep that information safe and private.
- To secure all the user logins for your website.
- Ensure confidence for your website users to trust your site.
- To protect financial information used in eCommerce transactions.
- To rank higher with search engines and load faster.
If your site is labeled as Not Secure, it may decrease visitor confidence and engagement, reduce the time they spend scrolling through the site, and harm sales, if you operate a webshop. It can also affect bounce rates, and eventually, reduce your click-through rate, which will harm SEO in the longterm. So we do anticipate seeing decreased search engine rankings from sites that avoid using SSL.