Why is SSL required?
- Your website transmits sensitive information (such as your login information, customer information, credit card numbers, etc) and you are required need to keep that information safe and private for all users of your website.
- To secure all of the usernames and password for your website.
- To ensure confidence for your website users to trust your site.
- To protect financial information used in eCommerce transactions.
- To rank higher with search engines and load faster.
If your site is labeled as Not Secure, it may decrease visitor confidence and engagement, reduce the time they spend scrolling through the site, and can decrease online sales for web shops. Lacking SSL can also affect bounce rates, and eventually it can reduce your click-through rate, which will harm SEO in the longterm. We anticipate seeing decreased search engine rankings and lower user engagement from sites that avoid using SSL.
How to add SSL to your website
Contact me and I’ll assess your current website hosting setup to determine the best and most affordable SSL services for your needs. I offer SSL hosting packages and I can also work with your existing host to setup SSL.